Saturday, January 5, 2013
Portugal
Portugal is a short plane ride from Paris, but a completely different country. It is less sophisticated and cosmopolitan, but the people are very friendly and happy. The country is poor and this shows just in the way the monuments and historical places are kept up. Lisbon is vibrant and bustling and completely covered in dense buildings and cobblestones. I was able to spend a couple days is Baleal and Obidos, where I saw my first castle (much to the amazement of my companions). I spent a few days in Lisbon and also saw Sintra and Cascais and stood at the most western point of continental Europe. This post will be short on words. I'll just leave the photos for you to see.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Thanks Cathy! The pictures are great! Thank you. You took some good pictures.
Whhaaa! A post? What a pleasant surprise! Portugal looks beautiful! I love all the white buildings and the castle. You look so good in the pictures! And you are so good at taking beautiful pics too.
Post a Comment